Our least favourite phrase to hear is "I'm just a vet tech". Vet techs are crucial to the practice running smoothly and successfully, but we know sometimes the day-to-day can get a bit monotonous. Often it can feel like there's nowhere to go in the career, and unfortunately this is a big reason people leave the field. Here are 6 ways to help keep current and grow personally and professionally (and no, one of them is not to become a vet!).
1) Look into getting a specialty
2) Revise your training regime
3) Start a new project
4) Switch jobs or career paths
5) Attend conferences (and USE them!)
6) Follow veterinary (and non-veterinary!) influencers
In short, there are many opportunities to break up the day-to-day monotony and become the very best vet tech or nurse that you can. Do you have anything to add to our list? Let us know below!